Wednesday, January 8, 2014

*30* Harder than I remembered

Here's a recap of the last 3 days. 

Starting weight: 120 lbs. 
I'm slightly embarrassed that I let myself get back to this point, but I guess on the bright side, I'm still much lighter than I was at this same time last year.  Considering that I'm only 4'11", this is pretty high for my stature.  Ideally, I'd like to be at 110lbs.  I think that's a reasonable amount of weight to want to lose.  Last year when I ended the challenge, I was down to 113lbs and was pretty happy with that, but I know that I can do better. 

I didn't do any measurements/pictures this time around because I didn't remember to do it before we started.  Oops!

Day 1
This time around, we decided to do the peaches and cream fiber drink instead of the citrus.  I was able to get the citrus one down without a problem last time, but it was still pretty rough with all of the grittiness.  The peaches and cream is much smoother and if you have a texture issue at all, I highly recommend you go with that.  

Breakfast: Fiber drink and egg scramble (8 egg whites, 2 yolks, red pepper, green onion, black pepper,  basil, oregano-baked in muffin tins at 350 until cooked through)

Snack: Baby carrots

Lunch: Salad with grape tomatoes and lite balsamic vinaigrette

Snack: Celery and All Natural Peanut Butter

Dinner: Marmalade curry chicken in the crockpot from the Advocare Cookbook, Green beans

Snack: Raw Almonds

Day 2

Breakfast: Fiber drink and an apple (I'll admit, I threw up about 1/2 of the fiber drink after downing it)

Lunch: Left over curry chicken

Snack: Raw Cashews

Dinner: Baked Tilapia with dill sauce, cauliflower "rice", steamed asparagus

Snack: Mocha meal replacement shake with a small scoop of peanut butter 
(I was craving something sweet and this satisfied that craving)

Day 3

Breakfast: Fiber Drink (yay-last time until day 7!) and egg scramble

Snack: Baby carrots and hummus

Lunch: Left over Tilapia and asparagus

Snack: Raw Almonds

Dinner: Cilantro Lime Chicken in the crockpot on whole wheat tortillas with fresh avocado and a little plain greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)

Snack: Raw Cashews

Thoughts
Overall, this cleanse seems SO much harder this time around than it did last year.  I keep reminding myself that it's only for 10 days and that I can do anything for 10 days.  It definitely makes me appreciate healthy snacks more than ever.  I'm getting bit tired of eating carrots and celery. What I would give to have a handful of lentil chips! We're really focused on keeping carbs out of our diet as much as possible.  We've been good though-no cheating!

Only 7 more days-we can do this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment